To The Manor Born DVDs – Complete Collection
Penelope Keith stars as Audrey fforbes-Hamilton in this classic tale of riches to rags. After her husband’s death, Audrey is forced to auction her home to Richard DeVere (Peter Bowles) whom she regards as bad taste. The devious and urbane Richard is an equal match for Audrey, and their complicated relationship leads to some uproarious escapades... Features Series 1-3 and the 25th Wedding Anniversary Special. 7 DVDs, over 12 hrs.
DISCS: 7 DVDs
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 739 mins (over 12 hrs)
GENRE: TV Series / Comedy
SUBTITLES: No (Only subtitles on Wedding Special Disc 7)
ACTORS: Penelope Keith, Peter Bowls, Angela Thorne
RATING: G - General
FORMAT: Colour, PAL
ASPECT RATIO: 16:9 Widescreen and 4:3 Standard
AUDIO: Dolby Digital
REGIONS: 4 (Mexico; Central and South America; Caribbean; Australia; New Zealand; Oceania)
YEAR: 1979-1981, 2007
DISC 1: Series 1 Episodes 1-4
DISC 2: Series 1 Episodes 5-7
DISC 3: The 1979 Christmas Special ('The First Noel'), Series 2 Episodes 1-3
DISC 4: Series 2 Episodes 4-6
DISC 5: Series 3 Episodes 1-4
DISC 6: Series 3 Episodes 5-7
DISC 7: The 2007 25th Wedding Anniversary Special and 'Making Of' Featurette
- (Disc 2) Interview with writer Peter Spence, Cast Filmographies, Production Notes
- (Disc 4) Interview with writer Peter Spence, Cast Filmographies, Production Notes
- (Disc 6) Interview with writer Peter Spence, Cast Filmographies, Production Notes
- (Disc 7) 25th Wedding Anniversary Special 'Making Of' featurette, The Making of
- Collection includes all 20 original episodes from the program's 3 series run plus the 1979
Christmas Special, The First Noel and the 2007 25th Wedding Anniversary Special.
- SERIES ONE: Newly Widowed Audrey fforbes-Hamilton is forced to auction Grantleigh
Manor when she finds out that her husband was bankrupt. Moving into the nearby Old
Lodge, she and friend Marjory Frobisher are mortified when the dashing Richard DeVere,
who has purchased the Manor, turns out to be nothing by a Czech grocer!
- SERIES TWO: Hilarity abounds in the second series as Richard imposes new efficiency
standars upon farm management and stirs protest in the community with his modernising
methods, much to Audrey's chargrin.
- 1979 CHRISTMAS SPECIAL:THE FIRST NOEL: Audrey and Richard compete to supply the
traditional Christmas crèche to the village church, and the question soon becomes which
offer is more ridiculous - her homemade monstrosity or his crassly commercial model.
- SERIES THREE: In this final series, the flirtatiousrivalry between our revered aristocrats
escalates furiously! But will fate take an unexpected twist and find this most mismatched of
couples putting an end to their rivalry at last?
- 25th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL: Twenty-five years after their hugely popular
love-hate relationship was resolved, Audrey and Richard prepare to celebrate their silver
wedding anniversary. The scene is set for a grand party, until an extraordinary confession
gets in the way. With Marjory's help, the fearless Audrey goes into battle to defend her
community, safeguard 400 years of history and save her marriage.
Product Rating: (0.00)
1. The delivery and insurance cost is for delivery within Australia no matter how many products you order. Charges are per order and are not based on weight.
2. All prices include GST. The items bought are delivered to your door by Australia Post or courier. All of our quality products come with a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied.
3. We strive to deliver every order as soon as possible. On average we will dispatch in stock orders within 48 hours of the order being placed. We dispatch weekdays and delivery times will vary depending on your distance from our dispatch point in Sydney. Due to stock availability of some products, please allow 21 days for their delivery. For couriered items, dispatch and delivery times may vary, please contact us for further information. Please allow four to six weeks for despatch from order date of hampers and products that can be personalised (whether they are personalised or not) due to the complex systems involved.
4. If you are using our interest FREE payment terms, delivery and insurance will be charged in your first instalment.
5. We deliver throughout mainland Australia and Tasmania. But please note, we cannot deliver to the following postcodes - 2899 and 6798.
6. Occasionally, prototype samples are photographed. Production models may vary slightly. You always receive the latest model.
7. Personalised items cannot be returned unless faulty.
8. Products returned must be in original condition and packaging. All batteries must be removed from electrical devices before returning the product. You will receive an immediate credit or refund for the full purchase price (excluding delivery and insurance).
9. All products are supplied for domestic use only and not for any commercial use.
10. Products are dispatched from Innovations, 431 Warringah Road, Frenchs Forest, NSW, Australia.
11. A free gift of a similar value may be substituted if stock of the current free gift is exhausted.