Shades of Ireland 9 day tour with Collette Tours SKU: MDC008
Experience the magic of the Emerald Isle
Experience the Magic of the Emerald Isle. From vibrant and history-filled Dublin, across rolling green hills to the dramatic coast, experience all of Ireland’s charm on this magical tour of the Emerald Isle. Live like royalty during an overnight stay on the grounds of a castle. Visit the House of Waterford Crystal. See the Atlantic from the stunning 700-foot Cliffs of Moher. Journey to historic Blarney Castle, lean back and kiss its famous stone!
8 nights accommodation
13 meals: 8 breakfasts, 5 dinner
Enjoy an overnight stay at Cabra Castle
Experience the Ring of Kerry, one of the world’s great coastal roads
Kiss the famed Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle
Taste the ‘water of life’ during an Irish whiskey tasting
Multiple departures available from Mar - Nov 2018
Offer valid until 30/11/2017
View full details here
4 simple steps to make one day today
1. Buy your holiday voucher with the option of 5 easy monthly payments
2. We will contact you to confirm your departure dates
3. Book your preferred dates within 30 days or we’ll give your money back
4. Enjoy your holiday!
Day 1 Dublin, Ireland - Tour Begins
Anticipation mounts as you wind your way towards the Emerald Isle and its many wonders. Rich history, rolling hills and warm smiles lie ahead in Dublin, Waterford, Killarney and Limerick. With tomorrow comes quintessential Ireland. Get a taste of old Dublin. Tonight you and your fellow travellers revel in a traditional Irish evening, including regional cuisine. Meals: Dinner Accommodation: Gresham Hotel.
Day 2 Dublin
Today, it’s your choice! Will you ride with a local guide to see St. Patrick’s Cathedral, St. Stephen’s Green, Grafton Street, and the historic Phoenix Park? Or will you choose a walking tour of the city’s historic centre, exploring O’Connell Street, the General Post Office, and the River Liffey? Either way, what follows is an afternoon to discover Dublin’s charms on your own. Meals: Breakfast Accommodation: Gresham Hotel.
Day 3 Dublin - Kilkenny - Waterford
Step back in time. Begin the day in the medieval splendour of 12th century Kilkenny on the River Nore. Then, in ancient Waterford, embark on a leisurely paced walking tour of Ireland’s oldest city. It’s your choice! Tour the Waterford Crystal factory and learn how exquisite crystal has been made for centuries; or visit the Medieval Museum for a guided tour and glass of wine in the 15th-century Mayor’s Wine Vault. Meals: Breakfast & Dinner Accommodation: Granville Hotel.
Day 4 Waterford - Blarney Stone - Killarney
Live the legend. The story goes that those who kiss the Blarney Stone gain the gift of eloquence. This morning, give it a shot at historic Blarney Castle. Cross into County Kerry and continue on to charming Killarney. In Killarney’s stunning national park, board a traditional boat* and sail through the breathtaking lakes in the company of an expert boatman. This evening it’s Diner’s Choice…tonight’s dinner is included and you’ll choose the perfect spot from a ‘menu’ of Killarney’s great restaurants. Meals: Breakfast & Dinner Accommodation: Killarney Avenue.
Day 5 Killarney - Ring of Kerry - Killarney
Take in the rugged coastline. Loop your way around the picturesque Ring of Kerry, past pristine beaches, quaint villages and majestic landscapes. At the Gap of Dunloe, shop for local artisan-made crafts. See border collies in action during a traditional sheepdog demonstration at a family-run farm. The night is free for reminiscing about the day as you find your own authentic taste of Irish culture .Meals: Breakfast Accommodation: Killarney Avenue.
Day 6 Killarney - Adare - Limerick
Start your day with a traditional jaunting car ride* through Killarney National Park. Travel to Adare, Ireland’s prettiest village, for some time at leisure. Continue to Limerick where a panoramic city tour showcases King John's Castle and the Treaty Stone. Delve into the fascinating history of the "city of the violated treaty." Meals: Breakfast & Dinner Accommodation: Absolute Hotel
Day 7 Limerick - Cliffs of Moher - Galway - Limerick
Today brings you to the dramatic, 700-foot-high Cliffs of Moher for cinematic views of the mighty Atlantic. Pass through the windswept, limestone landscape of the Burren, known for its stark beauty and Neolithic tombs. Continue on to Galway where a brief tour showcases “The City of Tribes” before relaxing over dinner in a local restaurant. Meals: Breakfast & Dinner Accommodation: Absolute Hotel.
Day 8 Limerick - Tullamore/Kilbeggan - Kingscourt
You don’t have to be a connoisseur to appreciate the old-world heritage of Ireland’s whiskey territory. Your journey brings you to Tullamore and Kilbeggan in the heart of Ireland, where a superb distillery brings whiskey craftsmanship to life and gives you a taste of the final product. Top your day off with an overnight stay on the regal grounds of Cabra Castle where you toast the end of a fabulous trip during your farewell dinner. Meals: Breakfast & Dinner Accommodation: Cabra Castle.
Day 9 Kingscourt - Tour Ends
Your journey ends in Kingscourt. Meals: Breakfast
13 meals: 8 x breakfasts, 5x dinners
8 Nights accommodation
Services of a Collette tour manager
Sightseeing as per itinerary
All on-tour transportation
Hotel baggage handling and tipping
The Collette Chauffeur - return airport transfers - up to 40km driver from major Australian International airports
Arrival & Departure transfers in/out of Dublin
Meals not listed in the Itinerary
Visas and immunisations
Airport or departure taxes,
Transfers not listed above
Customary end-of-trip gratuities
Any incidental charges.
Product Rating: (0.00)
1. The delivery and insurance cost is for delivery within Australia no matter how many products you order. Charges are per order and are not based on weight.
2. All prices include GST. The items bought are delivered to your door by Australia Post or courier. All of our quality products come with a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied.
3. We strive to deliver every order as soon as possible. On average we will dispatch in stock orders within 48 hours of the order being placed. We dispatch weekdays and delivery times will vary depending on your distance from our dispatch point in Sydney. Due to stock availability of some products, please allow 21 days for their delivery. For couriered items, dispatch and delivery times may vary, please contact us for further information. Please allow four to six weeks for despatch from order date of hampers and products that can be personalised (whether they are personalised or not) due to the complex systems involved.
4. If you are using our interest FREE payment terms, delivery and insurance will be charged in your first instalment.
5. We deliver throughout mainland Australia and Tasmania. But please note, we cannot deliver to the following postcodes - 2899 and 6798.
6. Occasionally, prototype samples are photographed. Production models may vary slightly. You always receive the latest model.
7. Personalised items cannot be returned unless faulty.
8. Products returned must be in original condition and packaging. All batteries must be removed from electrical devices before returning the product. You will receive an immediate credit or refund for the full purchase price (excluding delivery and insurance).
9. All products are supplied for domestic use only and not for any commercial use.
10. Products are dispatched from Innovations, 431 Warringah Road, Frenchs Forest, NSW, Australia.
11. A free gift of a similar value may be substituted if stock of the current free gift is exhausted.